According to Bogdan Taru: While burning my CPU.

>       Hi all,
>  I've got a very strange question for you: I'd like to use my Z80 emulator
> on my Linux machine instead of the emulator on Windoze. The only problem
> is that a file written in DOS has a strange character instead of Enter (a
> dark M -- seen in Linux). And the z80 assembler seems to like that
> character, because it always complains about not having it in UNIX. But it
> works just fine with a file wrote in Dos, but brought on the Linux
> partition. You can imagine that I cannot write the source file in Dos, and
> compile it in Linux, no matter how much I like Linux. So, anyone having
> any helpful ideas? Thanks...

Most dos editor(s) place a carrige return on the end of a line.
Use for example joe to search and delete the ^M's.

In joe do.

ctrl-k f
hit ctrl once
hit ctrl-m <enter>
hit r
hit enter
"y" deletes the highlighted ^M
ctrl-l goes to next ^M

Possably VI would do it all in one go, i suppose joe will also, im just to
lazy to look ;-)

Now that i have typed all that, i recall some program called fromdos or
something like that. Its a small program which converts files, so maybe
thats a beter thing for you, maybe someone else will have the name for you.

--
Regards Richard.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Merry Xmas to all, and may all your troubles be small (ones).