According to Peeyush Singh: While burning my CPU.

> Please excuse my ignorance on the subject, but I have a networking question.
> Ok...1st, here is my network config:
>
> 2 computers with NIC's (Intel EtherExpress PRO 100+)
> A Netgear 10Base-T Hub 6 port hub
> A Cisco 675 ADSL Router/Modem
>
> OK...Now that I got that out of the way...
>
> IP Addresses:
> Router:    10.0.0.1
> Default (Internet/External, which is the router) Gateway:    10.0.0.1
> Computer1:    10.0.0.2    ==>    This is running Red Hat Linux 5.0
> Computer2:    10.0.0.3    ==>    This is running Windows 98
>
> I want to know how, under Red Hat 5.0, I would make it so on startup the
> computer configures the routing tables, the nic, and the gateways.
>
> I know you just have to run some script...but which one?

/etc/sysconfig/network               for hostname and gateway defines.
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0     ifconfig information.
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup  should add a -net route and a default
gateway via eth0 .

I would imagen those files are not configured properly, or possably
/etc/sysconfig/network has
NETWORKING=
or
NETWORKING=no

Set it to NETWORKING=yes if i remember correctly, that sould activate
routing via eth0.

> I tried to use "netcfg" and I got it successfully setup!  But!  It loses
> it's information on shutdown. :(
> I have to manually use route, netstat, and ifconfig to configure the
> nic...it's gets to be a pain after a while.

It should, possably you are not saving the information given by not clicking
on the correct button.

--
Regards Richard.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Merry Xmas to all, and may all your troubles be small (ones).