At 12:21 PM 12/17/98 -0800, John Reilly wrote:
[deleted]
>Now I get to this error:
>Undefined subroutine &CGI::ReadParse called at fixedform.cgi line 31.
>
>The ReadParse subroutine is in cgi-lib.pl but since I do not know perl I
>am not able to find why fixed form can't find it.
>
>I'll attach fixedform.cgi and cgi-lib.pl

You're crossing up between two different cgi packages:

        cgi-lib.pl, which you've added in with the require statement
        the perl module CGI, which needs to be added with the line
                use CGI ;

But I don't know if you have the CGI module, so that approach may not work
for you.

If you rely just on the cgi-lib package, I think it will work for you if you
replace the line in fixedform.cgi that reads

if (CGI::ReadParse(*input)) {

with the line

if (&ReadParse(*input)) (

But I haven't tried this to be sure, so it's only a guess.

(BTW, I'm limited at this point by my relative unfamiliarity with the
various cgi libraries for perl. I started doing Web stuff in perl before
these packages were readily available, so I wrote my own routines to do what
they do and never bothered to switch to these packages, even after they
became the standards.)

Hope this helps. Good luck.
762 Garland Drive
Palo Alto, CA  94303-3603
650.321.3561 voice     650.322.1209 fax          [EMAIL PROTECTED]