> According to Tetsuji Rai: While burning my CPU.
> >
> >   Hi,
> >   I just moved from FreeBSD world to Linux world.  It's more compfortable
> > than I expected.  But now I have a trouble in shared library.   I put a
> > shared library in /usr/local/lib.   And compile an application using that
> > shared library.   Add /usr/local/lib line into /etc/ld.so.conf, and run
> > ldconfig as root.    However, when trying to run that application, it says
> > "can't load library 'libwnn.so.1.0'", which actually is in /usr/local/lib.
> > What's wrong with me ?   ldconfig of Linux is quite different from FreeBSD.
> >   Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Just one thought, is /usr/local/lib/libwnn.so.1.0 linked to the nessasary
> version file. possably like libwnn.so.1.0 -> libwnn.so.1.0.1 i would imagen
> that should be the case, if thats ok, you could try using the LD_PRELOAD
> export.
>
> export LD_PRELOAD="/usr/local/lib/libwnn.so"
> exec /path/to/application
>
> Or something to that effect, in a script.

Thank you for your hint.  However, it doesn't work.  As you imagine,
libwnn.so.1.0 is liked to libwnn.so.1.0.0.   ldconfig -v says:
/usr/local/lib:
        libjd.so.1.0 => libjd.so.1.0.0
        libwnn.so.1.0 => libwnn.so.1.0.0
so it seems to know where that library is.   But using LD_PRELOAD doesn't work
at all.

-Tetsuji Rai