De: Richard Adams [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Date: samedi 19 décembre 1998 10:54
À: LENGARD Pascal           OCISI
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet: Re: Change tty/pty of process?

According to LENGARD Pascal OCISI: While burning my CPU.

> OK, i can tell you "screen" is what you want

Screen wount change the tty a process is running on, it "starts" them on
other ttys. It wount change the tty you log into either, as to why
someone
else needed the tty that Ishaaq was logged in on i cant imagen..

Before starting screen, do; 'ps ax | grep bash' note the ttys in use,
start
screen to run some or other process, now do ps again, you will see that
the
login tty does not change.

I could be of course missing something, however it does not matter what
ttys
are in use, the following process when it is started will be assigned the
next free tty in line.

 --
Regards Richard.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Merry Xmas to all, and may all your troubles be small (ones).