Yes. Be careful with symlinks, though (make sure they point to the moved
files), and open files (e.g., /var/log/messages) will present some problems.
Best to reboot after making the changes.

At 05:23 AM 1/22/99 +0000, Akintayo Holder wrote:
>Is it possible to increase the size of a mount point after
>installation?.
>    Can I copy the files from /usr to another drive, then use fstab to
>point to the new partition - in essence increasing the size of the fs?

762 Garland Drive
Palo Alto, CA  94303-3603
650.321.3561 voice     650.322.1209 fax          [EMAIL PROTECTED]