Linux just does'nt care about what CPU is inside ... if it is x86
compatible.
All the binaries from redhat will run without any change and there are no
configuration files specifying what cpu you have.
So you will change CPU+motherboard without problem.
the only problems are if you compile some binary (ie kernel) for pentiums
and you try to run it on a 386 or worse on a 386SX (without math
coprocessor) but when you write you want to upgrade your CPU i understand
you will not put a 386 inside ;)

The only tricky part to change is the video card since Xfree IS dependant
of what card is used (you may have to use a different Xserver binary).
Anyway linux will always boot in console mode (text) and let you change
your X configuration if you change your video card.

In short:
Have a boot disk ready because the new bios from your new motherboard may
not detect the harddrive the same way and it may cause some problems to
LILO.
If this occurs (can boot to linux), boot with your floppy and rerun LILO
to update the boot sector or MBR (maybe edit your /etc/lilo.conf).

Linux itself will have no problem at all, just change your CPU and
motherboard and reboot.