Spooky,

You need to set up your ppp connection. Because you want to "surf the net",
you will likely want to do this in X windows. In RH, you do this through the
network configurator. There is a new program included with RH5.1 called
linuxconf that works from the console or X windows. It allows you to
configure all (?) aspects of you system. I don't like it. I have never been
able to configure anything with this program. The problem isn't that it is
hard to use, it just doesn't seem to work. The network configurator works. I
could walk you through the steps but the easy way to get this set up is to
use Linux Unleashed for RH or an alternative manual. If you don't have
access to any manuals, let me know and I can provide some additional info.

Skip Haak