I'm having trouble with my e-mail setup.  I can receive fine but when I send
mail (from Pine) my from address comes out as "dchurch.oz.net@[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

My e-mail address (on my ISP's POP3 server) is [EMAIL PROTECTED]  I have my linux
box hostname set up as dchurch (probably a mistake).  I have run netconfig
(Slackware 3.5) which asks me for domain names and such and I put in oz.net
(probably another mistake).

How do I configure my hostname, can it be a separate name from my ISP username.
Do I need to run netconfig to use a PPP connection with dynamic ip addressing.
Which files should I edit to fix this (probably more than just /etc/HOSTNAME)

Will it matter if I send mail as root vice dchurch (also my non-root login name
for my linux box).  If it will matter, how can I properly set things up to be
able to send mail as [EMAIL PROTECTED] from root or any other user on my linux
box.

Hope someone can follow the confusing scenario. TIA

David