This question is too general for a personal answer to be much help. In
particular, it's not clear what distribution of Linux you want to install
(not all distributions even use the RPM system of packaging) or for what
purpose you want to use your system (which affects what you will want to
install).

You'd be best served, I think, by looking at the Distribution HowTo,
available on-line at URL
http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/Distribution-HOWTO.html . Although this
HowTo focuses on CD-ROM distributions, once you understand your choices,
someone can help you with tracking down the downloadable version of what you
decide on.

At 08:53 PM 1/26/99 -0500, 1stFlight ! [Darryl] wrote:
>  Hello,
>
> I'm going to install Linux on my main system but I'm running into a
>problem with finding out which rpm's I'll need to use. Is there one main
>package to download and install? Thanks!
[deleted]

762 Garland Drive
Palo Alto, CA  94303-3603
650.321.3561 voice     650.322.1209 fax          [EMAIL PROTECTED]