According to cristian: While burning my CPU.

> Ladies and Gentelmen,
>
> I did everything you said.
> I added /sbin to user's PATH.
> I tried /sbin/halt or  ./halt.
>
> I got only one result: the message "must be superuser".
>
> One thing worked: su ,  but it is asking the root password.
>
> As a matter of fact I am using my box as a home-PC. I am the superuser
> and the kids are users, and I don't want give them the root password.
> But they need to shutdown the computer. I don't use the computer 24h/day
>
> How can I solve this?

Easy, depress ctrl-alt-del keys togehter.

You might want to edit /etc/inittab and change the options used for;

# Trap CTRL-ALT-DELETE
ca::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t3 -r now

After editing type 'init q' to reread the file otherwise your changes will
not work untill "after" you have booted.

--
Regards Richard.