On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Peter Kazdera wrote:

> can somebody please either explain to me how to use rpms or point me
> to a howto page on the subject

man rpm should help you but from what I remember off the top of my head.

rpm -i foobar.rpm

will install the package foobar.

rpm -i -d foobar.rpm or rpm -id foobar.rpm (check the manpage)

will install the package foobar without checking for dependancies.

rpm -u foobar

will uninstall the package foobar. (The man page will tell yuou if you
have to be in a certain directory, I vaguely recall some restrictions but
again the manpage should make it clearer

HTH

 --
Paul Burrows - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be Happy"
- Benjamin Franklin