I will be installing RH Linux 5.1 in the near future, and would like to
address some questions ahead of time.

I will be installing 5.1 on a system with W95 already installed. I have an
8.4 gig drive, partitioned to(off the top of my head) 3.2 for linux(below
1024 cylinder, as I understand it), 5.2 for windows. 64 megs ram.

My intentions are to use Linux for web design, graphic design, and to play
around with Xwindows. For design work, I intend to use gimp, along with
wine so I can run Ignite and some others. Anyone know how frontpage and
dreamweaver work in wine? I may, in the future, decide to run a webserver
off my machine.

With Xwindows, I intend to try out enlightenment, if that doesn't work I'll
probably use Afterstep.

With that in mind, I have a few questions:

How should I partition everything? How much should go into var, usr, home,
all that?

Is there anything I should watch out for while installing?

How can I get windows and linux to interact? In other words, can I share
files between the two?

What's a good book(s) for learning Linux and Xwindows? I am well-versed in
windows 95, msdos, and have a working knowledge of command-line unix(i can
run things and alter files, permissions, ownership, but don't necessarily
understand the workings behind it all).

I don't think I want LILO in my MBR. I understand there are other ways to
multi-boot? One way I heard about is boot to dos, then use a dos menu that
will execute a command that restarts to the other partition? Are there any
other ways that are quicker, yet still give me flexibility(remember, I'm a
designer by trade, so aesthetics, no matter how small, are important to me)?

A few months ago I did have 5.1 installed(for a day, don't ask). I recall
my sound card not working with XWindows. How do I get Xwindows(linux) to
recognize a sound blaster awe-64?

Well, I suppose I should leave it at that for now. Thanks in advance for
the help!

..jeremy.