Not sure it's worth the time and trouble to answer, but I'm wondering
what the differences are. Seems to me: 1) Installation procedures differ
in the details 2) Other OSes co-existing on some home/hobby Linux
machines are likely; not so with Un*x 3) Linux users have routine root
access when they need it 4) Linux users are their own sysadmins.

(P.S.: Also, 5) If you want to run the latest release of a given
application, you can do so! My ISP's systems people seem not to care
about upgrading Lynx and Pine. :)

Of course, there seem to be less-commonly-used commands unique to either
Unices or Linux, but, it seems to me that if one learns Linux well, one
is also well prepared to use Un*x seriously.

Are shell scripts likely to be essentially identical, as well, given the
same shell for both?

(I'm well aware that Linux strives to be Un*x-like.)

I've done some reading; hope I haven't missed a key doc.

Thanks!