On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Akintayo Holder wrote:
>Does anyone know of an alternative to Netscape 4, for both mail and web
>
>I know of lynx and arena, and I occasionally use both are there any
>other choices.
>--
>..once again its on
>IIce Cube
>RH5.2 Personal 17728385
>http://www.bigfoot.com/~blakdogg

The KDE file manager (kfm) also works as a very good web browser. It
doesn't do javascript, java, or secure connections, but everything else
is up to par. It runs on my machine much faster and better than
Netscape. Also included with KDE is Kmail, which is suitable for my
purposes. I don't know how robust it is for those with massive amounts
of incoming mail.

The downside is that kfm is also a desktop, so running it outside of
KDE will give you the KDE desktop. I'd switch to another windowmanager
that's smaller, but I find that kfm is so incredibly usefull that I
don't.

--

Arandir...