Hi

I have removed the link to the Kerneld script in all rc.X files in the init.d
and therefore Kerneld is not launched anymore.
Although right after login in (as root), if I do "lsmod" I already have the
following:

awe_wave        155664          0
sb               30852          0
uart401            5628         0     [sb]
sound            55184          0     [awe_wave sb uart401]
soundlow             240                0     [sound]
soundcore          2192         7     [sb sound]

The odd thing is they are not marked as [autoclean] which I would expect and
they never seem to be unloaded at some point.

Could that be what I have in my modules.conf that triggers "modprobe" (and
therefore "insmod") before kmod kicks in?

My modules.conf looks like this:
alias sound sb
alias midi awe_wave
post-install awe_wave /usr/local/bin/sfxload /usr/local/synthfm.sbk
options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5 mpu_io=0x330

note: I have seen other modules being loaded with the [autoclean] option.
I guess kmod is ok.

Cheers,
Fred

"In a World Without Fences and Borders who needs Windows and Gates!"

                                  /////
                                 ( / \ )
                                (  O O  )
                              Frederic Soulier