On 25 Feb 1999, Soulier, Frederic wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have got a Canon BJ-30 B&W inkjet printer (non-postscript).
>
> (1) Yesterday I just installed StarOffice 5.0 and the only printers
available are
> postscript printers.
> Does someone know where I can find a driver for this printer for
StarOffice 5.0
> and eventually Wordperfect 8?
>
> (2) Also when I do "ls -la >/dev/lp0", I still get the stair case
effect and I tried
> various things to get rid of that but no success.
> note: from printtool (X-Windows), all the prints look perfect.

  this is kind of mickey-mouse, but maybe it will help your confidence.
  try "ls -la |todos >/dev/lp0" and see if the staircase straightens
  out.  If you don't have todos, surely you have an equivalent in mtools
  or somewhere.  The point is to insert a carriage return at each
  newline.

> Thanks for your help.
> Cheers,
> Fred
>
> "In a World Without Fences and Borders who needs Windows and Gates!"
>
>                                   /////
>                                  ( / \ )
>                                 (  O O  )
>                               Frederic Soulier
>                mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>                   tel: +44 (0)181 562 0959
>                                 oooO  (   )
>                                 \ (   (_/
>                                  \_)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]