What "comport" (in Linux terms, /dev/ttyS*) is your mouse on? Your modem?
More specifically, what are the IRQs and IO bases, and how do you determine
what they are (does the BIOS report them at boot time? does dmesg list them
as found by a kernel probe? are you relying on info from a prior WinXX
install? something else?)?

As regards your modem, is it internal or external? If internal, do you KNOW
that it is compatible with Linux (i.e., not a DSP modem, aka Winmodem)? From
what you say, this isn't your immediate problem, but it's a question that
always needs to be raised with internal modem configuration postings, even
ones that seem to occur for some other reason.

If you have an Ethernet card, is it possible that the IRQ it uses conflicts
with one of the serial ports? (Check /dev/interrupts to tell.) Is your
system using PnP to configure serial devices? If so, are you sure they are
being configured to where you intend?

I'm only slightly familiar with Caldera, and my impression is that there
isn't much Caldera-specific expertise on this list, but with this info, I or
someone might be able to help you based on standard Linux config capabilities.

At 02:21 AM 2/27/99 +0100, Miroslav Skoric wrote:
>Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
>I just installed Caldera's 1.2 Linux but I can't configure my mouse and
>modem. Seems that Linux can't recognize the comport where my mouse and
>modem are. I tried all IRQ and I/O addresses combinations and nothing
>works. Any suggestion?

762 Garland Drive
Palo Alto, CA  94303-3603
650.321.3561 voice     650.322.1209 fax          [EMAIL PROTECTED]