Hello,

I'm having trouble getting netscape to connect to the net when I get a
ppp connection working.  I can get minicom to start receiving the ppp
garbage when you get a ppp connection going. (I'm using some program
that automaticaly creats scripts to connect to compuserve (yes i know
bad choice for an isp)) Well anyway It'll at least connect to compuserve
and get me logged on allright and then i'll go into minicom and start
the ppp session with it and it'll start sending the garbage.  So then I
go into xwindows and start up netscape (redhat 5.1's netscape version).
But then it will complain about not being about to find the dns or
something that i typed in... like www.yahoo.com... and then another
warning saying it cant resolve things in resolve.conf or something like
that..and sites like home.netscape.com and pages like that in the
settings. And for some reason it also listed my local hostname in it.

I guess I'm just asking is if I have the ppp connection with compuserve
going why cant netscape know that it's their and start working? Or do I
have to change some settings?

Sincerly,

Scott