Dominic Brunelle wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> simple question before I start - you've probably answered this question many
> times, but hey... I wasn't here - what is the minimun required space for the
> /boot?  Windows 98 is already installed, so I want to push it up a little to
> put the /boot in the first 1024 cyl.  And will I have a problem if I have
> two disk and put all the rest of Linux on the second one?

I do not think it is necessary to create a boot partition on the first
disk if Linux is on the whole second. Scratch that; I installed Linux on
a Disk 2 without creating a /boot partition on my first hd, merely
installing LILO in the first MBR, it worked without flaw until the disk
died. Linux was gone but LILO still functioned.

--
..once again its on
Ice Cube