>Hello all,
>
> I am running a 486 under windoze and am planning to defect to linux,
though
>I'll be keeping windoze around for photoshop and stuff. I was thinking of
>installing and running slackware with enlightenment as a window manager.
Any
>thoughts or recommendations on slackware you think I should know about?
I've
>heard Red Hat is easier to install but I ain't got 50 dollars to spend on
it. I
>have some experience in unix, namely System V, IRIX, Free BSD and Amiga Os.
> Thanks for any help you can offer!

You don't have to spend $50 on RedHat, you can download it for free from
sunsite.unc.edu or ftp.redhat.com (they have a large list of mirrors if
their site is too slow for you). Also if you want to run E your going to
need alot of ram/swap space, I would suggest about 50mb swap and 64mb of
ram...if you want it to run nice and smooth. Good Luck!

James Atkinson