Sorry, I have no solution for that, but I would like to know
if you do find a solution, as that is VERY bizarre behavior.

I am curious though, what happens if you comment out the
"swapon" command in your initscripts, of comment out the
the swap entry(s) in /etc/fstab.

That would tell you whether or not this is truly a swap issue.

Bryan Scaringe