I would like to know if anyone's gottne xfstt to work in rendering true
type fonts in Linux RedHat 5.1.

I read about this little font server, installed the rpm (version 0.9.9 I
think is the latest).  Populated the /usr/ttfonts directory with my
lovely *.ttf files for the fonts, ran xfstt --sync as I was supposed to
do, checked my /etc/XF86Config and saw that the rpm had added the line"
Fontpath "inet/:127.0.0.1:7100" (I'm pretty close from memory here as
I'm on the Win98 side of machine right now, sorry).  Rebooted and
noticed that xsftt was started at boot and running as a background
process.

So far so good.  Except that the X server crashes with the classic and
cryptic errno 11 error.  Which from my reading was supposed to be taken
care of by the Fontpath statement in the XF86Config file.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this.  I would like fonts from web
pages to be rendered a little better than what they are in some cases.
>From what I read in the Linux Gazette I figured that xfstt was a better
choice than xfsts (confusing ain't it? <g>).

Thanks,

James