I recently posted asking about IP aliasing, got a few good responses, which
when I put 2 + 2 together, made me realize that IP aliasing is not what I
need. It has something to do with domain name administration. If anyone is
out there who can give me some advice, I would appreciate it. Here is the
story:

I administer a Linux machine I inherited. It is used as a Web server and
for email. Our org's Web pages are there with associated domain name. I
have recently been handed a disk with Web pages for another site, and a
piece of paper that has another domain name (and associated primary name
server and secondary name server addresses). This other domain name has
been registered and approved. I need to set things up so this second domain
name pulls up the Web pages for this other site on my box. I have put this
second site in a user account in /home for the time being It seems like
getting this to work might involve configuring our dns, and also some
changes in our apache configuration, but I haven't done this before and
don't know where to start. Is the proper name for this situation "virtual
host"? What HOWTOs shoud I refer to? Are there instructions somewhere that
will guide me through the process? I hope that is clear.

If anyone knows of a more appropriate forum (Usenet group or list) that
this question could be better directed to, that might also be helpful.

Thanks for your help!

-ken