Take a look in /etc/services and see if port 22 is listed as used by ftp or
telnet as a UDP port. It's not that way in my copy of the file, but I think
older versions listed 2 ports for each of these services, one for TCP, the
other for UDP. If this is so, then comment out the line for port 22 and
restart inetd.

I may be remembering this wrong, though. If so, sorry.

At 06:36 PM 4/11/99 -0500, Jia-Huang Chen wrote:
>I installed everything: executables, config files, and man pages, and
>created the host key.  But... when trying to run "/usr/local/etc/sshd" as
>root.  I got the followings in my /var/log/syslog file:
>Apr 11 17:36:22 gekko sshd[2745]: error: bind: Address already in use
>Apr 11 17:36:22 gekko sshd[2745]: fatal: Bind to port 22 failed: Transport
>                                  endpoint is not connected.
>Should I modify the config files or something to make it work ?

762 Garland Drive
Palo Alto, CA  94303-3603
650.328.4219 voice                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]