I'm trying to restore the default fonts for fvwm2 clients (fonts for title
bars, menues, etc. have become larger due to dirty shutdown).

The fvwm2 man says the .fvwm2rc configuration files can be in the user's
home directory or in /usr/lib/X11/fvwm. RedHat 5.2 has a symlink instead
to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm. Turns out I have no .fvwm2rc file in any of
those locations, and hence my question: how to configure the fonts.

I do find a set of config files in /fvwm and in a /fvwm2 directory, but
these seem to be m4 scripts that can't be readily edited. Are the default
client fonts defined in one of these two sets, and if so, how do I confi-
gure them? The manual apparently does not take into account some changes
introduced by RH, and the RH manual does not indicate how to configure the
fonts. There is a system.fvwm2rc file in both locations, which can be edi-
ted, but changing the WindowFont (the MenuFont is commented out) seems to
have no effect when I cycle fvwm2.

Advice would be much appreciated.

Haines Brown