According to Langa Kentane: While burning my CPU.

> I made it thru the other problem I had earlier...
> But now I have another one...  Please help!
>
> The ff error I got after I did a 'make zImage'.  Please tell me how to sort
> this out.

You could have said what was wrong, other newbies will then see what to look
out for when making a new kernel.

> Here's the error:
>
> as86 -o -a -o bootsect.o bootsect.s
> make[1]: as86: Command not found
> make[1]: *** : [bootsect.o] Error 127
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot'
> mame: *** [zImage] Error 2

Install the 86 assembler, it is in the gnu tools or development package as
far as i can remember.

You should be able to find it on your installation cdrom, or installation
source.

--
Regards Richard.