The messages are telling you that those modules _refer_ to symbols that
don't exist.  As long as you don't use those modules, that's not a
problem.  You can suppress the messages with "alias <module> off" in
/etc/conf.modules, but it is cosmetic.

Lawson

          >< Microsoft free environment

This mail client runs on Wine.  Your mileage may vary.

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Coplan wrote:

> I have had a couple of boot errors with my latest kernel upgrade.  I
think
> I fixed most of them, but I am still getting the following errors:
>
> &> Finding module dependencies... /lib/modules/2.2.6/misc/pg.o:
unresolved
> &> symbol(s)
> &> /lib/modules/2.2.6/misc/pd.o: unresolved symbol(s)
> &> /lib/modules/2.2.6/misc/pcd.o: unresolved symbol(s)
> &> /lib/modules/2.2.6/misc/parport_pc.o: unresolved symbol(s)
> &>  done
>
> pd.o, pcd.o and parport_pc.o all exist. What do I do to get rid of
these
> errors?  For that matter, is it even something to worry about?
>

> Coplan                                  /"\
> ------                                  \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
> Immortal Coil.Tracking                   X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
>                                         / \
> ------
> Your object is to save the world, while still leading a pleasant life.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]