I have been using PON and POFF to connect to the Internet for a few months
now. Yesterday I did two things to my system: I changed around the ports so
that the modem went from COM4 IRQ 5 to COM2 IRQ 3, so my SB16 card could
take IRQ 5. I also recompiled the kernel (v 2.2.5) so that the SB was left
as a module.

But now I can't establish PPP connections from my Linux box. The modem dials
out, connects, and then simply sits there doing nothing until my ISP
disconnects.

If I switch back to kernel 2.0.36, the system works great and connects
great. But as soon as I switch to 2.2.5, PPP stops working, which is weird
since it worked before I recompiled the kernel.

What could I have done wrong during kernel compilation to cause PPP to stop
working? Any suggestions?

//\/\ario //\/\elendez- TI2DLL
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://desvelo.cjb.net