According to Maurice Hendrix: While burning my CPU.

> Next question: It is not entirely clear what the difference is between
> executables in the bin or the sbin directories. The documetnation I have
> says executables go in the ./bin (/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin) directories
> and system executables go in the ./sbin (/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/sbin)
> directories. I'm still lost. What is the *real* difference? What goes where
> and why?

System binarys go into /sbin because they are "system" useable and /sbin is
not included in a "users" path enviroment.
/usr/sbin is like it says "user" system binarys.

Anyway, that was the basic princple, however you will find that different
distro's place some binarys in different dir's.

--
Regards Richard.