Help!  This one's driving me crazy.
My newly-installed Slackware system boots fine from
the boot floppy, but refuses to boot from loadlin.

I'm using the same vmlinuz on the floppy and in loadlin.
It's the standard Slackware net+ide kernel, which I used
for the installation (via nfs).  It worked fine for the
installation; it works fine whenever I boot from the
floppy.  However, whenever I use loadlin, I always get
a crash after this line is printed on the screen:
_______________________________________
md driver 0.35 MAX_MD_DEV=4, MAX_REAL=8
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next two lines (which I never see with loadlin) are:
ne.c:v1.10  9/23/94 Donald Becker
NE*000 ethercard found at 0x320, using IRQ 5

It appears that the problem lies with the net part of
the kernel.  But why should it only occur with loadlin
and not with the floppy ?

As an experiment, I took the bare-ide kernel from the
Slackware CD and stuck it into loadlin.  The system
booted happily.  However, when I then tried to insmod
the ne module, I got unresolved symbols:  ei_open,
ethdev_init, ei_debug, ei_interrupt, NS8390_init and
ei_close.

I'm mystified.  Why does my ethernet card work only
when I boot from the floppy?  Something is strange
here.

Cheers,
Steven