On Wed, 5 May 1999, Paul wrote:

> This is a newbie talking and I have a question.
> I'm running Slackware with kernel version 2.0.29
> on a pentium 200.  My question is that there's a
> huge file named libdbm- in /usr/lib/libndbm/ and
> its about 60+ MB.  What is it?  Can I delete it?

I got that last posting WRONG.  These libraries have nothing to do with
the debugger, gdb, but rather with the gnu-data-base-management, gdbm,
routines for use with C programs.  There is both a man page and an info
file, /usr/info/gdbm.info.gz, on my Slackware 3.2 system.  My guess is
that it is safe to remove libdbm-, but you might read the documentation on
the gdbm subroutines first.

Good Luck,

Gordon A. Gallup                          Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
University of Nebraska-Lincoln            Lincoln, NE 68588-0111
Voice: (402)435-6967,(402)472-1230        FAX: (402)472-2879
http://physics.unl.edu/directory/gallup/gallup.html
http://www.unl.edu/Dissatt/