How odd.

The info command is in Slackware package texinfo, which is part of Zipslack.
But libz.so.1 is part of package libgr, which is not included in Zipslack.
You might want to try adding it (from slakware/xap1 on the CD).

But my version of info (on Slackware 3.5) doesn't list libz among its
dependencies ("ldd /usr/bin/info"). Are you sure you're reading the error
correctly? Are you using info from the command line, or have you installed X
(also not part of Zipslack)? Does "which info" return "/usr/bin/info"?

These questions are really just fishing, as I'm having difficulty
understanding how the problem occurs.

At 03:59 AM 5/7/99 -0400, Kurt Kehler wrote:
>I'm using Zipslack and when I try to use the info command I get:
>
>info: can't load library 'libz.so.1'

762 Garland Drive
Palo Alto, CA  94303-3603
650.328.4219 voice                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]