On Wed, 12 May 1999, Jarmo Paavilainen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Im trying to port a small software to Linux (nothing fancy, but I need it).
>
> Everyting works great (gcc, make and so on).
>
> But....Linux gcc does not have following commands:

No.  Neither does libc, which is probably what you meant to ask.

>       findfirst(...)
>       findnext(...)
>       findclose(...)
>
> Does Linux (or should I say Posix) know these command, if so where are their
> header (and body)?

They are not in the posix standard.

> If not, is the only way to solve what Im doing to use opendir, readdir and
> closedir and do my own joker char filtering?

I don't know what find[first|next|close] do, but probably yes.  You might
also want to look at scandir (although that is not posix).

HTH

--
Mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I do enjoy a good long walk -- especially when my wife takes one.