On Sat, 15 May 1999, Christine Blaser wrote:

> I am using RedHat 6.0 (rpm is saying kernel 2.2.5-15)
>
> Thanks

What is the file that you're trying to boot?  Use this process:

        # make menuconfig
        # make dep; make bzImage; make modules; make modules_install
        # cp /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot/vmlinuz-2.2.5
        # cd /etc

Now, edit lilo.conf and add this block as the first kernel image:

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.5
        label=linuxnew
        root=/dev/hdXX
        read-only

Replace the /dev/hdXX with the proper hard disk that had the root
filesystem (i.e., is mounted as /).

Michael B. Trausch
President of Linux Operations, ADK Computers
ADK Computers, Walbridge Office      E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                              "Scattered showers my ass!" - Noah