On Tue, 25 May 1999, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> In my linusx when I typed lisa in root propt it is not working What
> should I do for making it to work .I bought a new sound card how to install
> it in linux bcoz the cd provided with the sound card has got a cdrun.exe
> file which I am not able to run in linux

Is lisa your login name? If this is the login prompt that appears just
after bootup, type in lisa, hit return, then type in your password. If
you haven't set up a user account, though (probably not), your login
name is "root". Use that followed by the root password, which should
have been set during the installation. After you're logged in, type:
"man useradd"

You do not use "cdrun.exe" in Linux. This file is a Windows file. Your
soundcard is probably supported under Linux, so don't worry. However,
the exact instructions for setting it up will vary from distribution to
distribution. If you are using Redhat Linux, then type the following at
a prompt:
"sndconfig"

--
Arandir...