Hey! Did you see what [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on May 27 ?

SP>     After mounting the cdrom for running it there is a autorun file which
SP> automatically runs as soon as I load the same cd in windows 98but in linux
SP> after mounting nothing is happening then I tried to run the cdrun.exe file
SP> even that is not working out
SP>        Please tell me what to do

        Okay, the fatal flaw in your plan is that you are trying to run
Windoze software in Linux.  It usually can't be done.  I say "usually"
because there are some Windoze programs that can be run from Linux with
the aid of a "emulator" such as wine.  But judging from your question I'd
say that wine is probably a little out of your depth at the moment (no
offense intended).  Suffice to say that you will be able to mount and read
your windoze cd's, you'll be able to copy files from your cd's to your
hard disk in Linux, but you won't be able to run your windoze programs in
Linux.  Likewise you won't be able to run your Linux programs in Windoze.

        What is it that you are trying to do exactly?  With a lot more
detail we will probably be able to help you.  Don't forget to mention
which Linux distribution you are using and kernel version.

Regards, Steve Youngs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   ICQ: 34307457
|Isn't it good to know that     / /   __ ___  __ ____  __|
|There _IS_ an alternative!    / /__ / // _ \/ // /\ \/ /|