Tom Taylor wrote:

> Hi All:
>         Actually two questions
>
> 1) When I'm using virtual consoles (command line) with KDE is started in
> vc2,    if I switch to another vc (ctrl-alt-Fx) and then try to get back to
> vc2, all I get is a text mode screen with a command history with the    last
> three lines as follows:
>                 KKeyConfig Destructor
>                 Changing to desktop 2
>                 Changing to desktop 1
>         How do I get back to KDE?  or is that session lost?  After I do ctrl-C  I
> get back to prompt, then startx restarts KDE but with the windows in
> different locations.

I assume that you mean that you login in vc2 and start X Windows (and in your
case KDE) by running 'startx'.    X Windows should run in vc7 and will switch to
that automaticly. Try looking for it there using Alt-F7.

> 2)  When I start Kppp, I get a connection but there is no dialog box to
> show    that.  The connection box closes without showing what the connection
> IP's are or even that there is a connection.  I know the connection is
> good because Netscape can browse the sites I ask for.  That I can live
> with.  The question is how to close down the conntction since there is  no
> Kppp dialog box.  Do I need to manually kill the pid?  So far I've      gotten
> by by turning the modem off which of course is not the correct  way to
> aleviate this problem.

When the connection is made, kppp should minimise itself and pop a small
icon into the panel tray ( a bit like windows ).  You should see a small black
box with a white border and two red LED's (for transmit and receive) that
flash green when data is being transmitted/received.   Right mouse button
click on this and you get a menu where you can either disconnect, or open
up a kppp dialogue box,

Regards,

John