If it's a normal ISA or external modem and you know the port and IRQ
number, just use setserial to tell the serial driver what they are, and
any other settings you want (I use spd_vhi, for instance).  Once you get
it working, you can put the setserial command in one of your startup
files, say /etc/rc/d/rc.local.

To use the modem by the name /dev/modem, you must link that name to the
name of the /dev/ttyS<number> it is really on, so:

cd /dev
rm -f modem
ln -s tttyS<number> modem

Lawson
          >< Microsoft free environment

This mail client runs on Wine.  Your mileage may vary.

On Tue, 25 May 1999, Matthieu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just install linux on my PC, and I'm trying to set up my internet
> connexion but don't know how to install my modem. Does someone knows
how
> can proceed for that ??
> Thanks
>
> Matt.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]