First, of course, you need gcc :-).
The most likely thing to cause gcc to be unable to create executables is
to miss binutils.  Not having binutils will stop it in its tracks.

You will probably need glibc, glibc-devel, and a -devel for any other
library the package wants to use.  Probably XFree86-devel.

HTH

Lawson
          >< Microsoft free environment

This mail client runs on Wine.  Your mileage may vary.

On Fri, 2 Jul 1999, Henny Shafiq wrote:

> I am also running dragonlinux. Did you get gcc to work or you don't
have it
> yet? When I want to compile windowmaker I get a message that gcc can't
> create executables. How can I change this? I have the windowmaker
version
> 0.60.0.tar.gz, I do tar -zxvf then I go in the created directory, I do
> tar -zxvf libPropList, I go in that created directory, I do
./configure, I
> get messages that automake, autoconf, autoheader, aclocal and makeinfo
are
> missing. I downloaded them, installed them and still it doesn't find
> aclocal, automake and makeinfo. Then it says gcc doesn't work, can't
create
> executables. When I had a file bsdgames, I installed it (tar -zxvf) and
did
> ./configure, that started with a lot of questions which I answered.
Then