To get e good response to a technical question like this, you really should:

1. Tell us the EXACT message. Not "something like" it.

2. Tell us at least the very basics of your system. What distribution and
version of Linux, what kernel, the basics of your hardware. etc.

3. Describe the consequence with a bit more precision than "stuck again". Do
you mean that you get no response whatsoever?

No matter how much I and others want to be of help ... providing
troubleshooting advice remotely is difficult. Please don't make it harder
for us by forcing us to guess what you see.

All that said ... see if you can boot into single-user mode. At the prompt,
try "linux single" and see if that gets you into single-user mode.

If that doesn't help (and if no one else comes up with some better
suggestion), try writing agin, this time with more complete information.

At 11:44 AM 7/5/99 +0530, Balaji Srinivasan wrote:
>I switch on the the comp and I get a msg something like
>'pass a parameter to kernel like init='
>I don't know what happened but I think I did a proper shutdown the last
>time...
>Then, I tried this at the lilo prompt :
>linux init=3 .. but I get stuck again.. what happened??
>I don't have a boot disk :(

Palo Alto, CA  94303-3603                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]