I am a linux newbie and am having difficulty getting my modem to work.  i
have read the serial and ppp help files as well as several other articles
that i managed to find online but they have not been able to help me much.
i am running redhat linux 6.0.  i have a sportster 56k fax/modem.  it is
not a winmodem.  i initially tried kppp and could get it to dial and log-on
but when i tried using netscape it says host not found...  i tried minicom
1.82 but after it connects a few seconds later it says no carrier.  am i
missing a step somewhere?

Thank you in advance for you help,

megan