On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Michael B Golden wrote:
> was included with RH6.0 though. It is a developer's release. (Why RH

I've had nothing but good luck with it, Mike.  It's *WONDERFUL*!  :)

And, the mouse issue under the console -- well, that's a gpm problem.  But
I do like xdos better anyway, and also, keep in mind that xdos is slower
than dos, and also that it shouldn't be run on anything less than a 100MHz
486 (75MHz Pentium).

> release from ftp.dosemu.org instead. Then you should be fine for now. Is
> there a specific app or list of apps you want to run? (If you list them,
> I can look into whether they run well, not at all, or with problems)

I can do the same; I will say that Eight-In-One, QuickBASIC, and
QuickBASIC PDS all work great.  PKZIP/UNZIP, DJGPP, RHIDE, and other
programs work well, too.  Caldera DR-DOS/MS-DOS/FreeDOS all work well
under it (current versions tested), Windows 3.1 under real mode supposedly
works (though I don't have a copy to test this with).  Sound card programs
don't work, dunno if that's something that they're working on, or not.  If
they could get DMA support emulated, and emulate an actual SB card, it
would be great.  What would be better yet is just to allow the dos to
directly play with the sound card, so that DOS drivers for it would work,
but that probably won't happen.

All in all, though, it's a wonderful emulator.

> Michael Golden
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Normal Email)
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Attachments only)
> RedHat 5.2 (2.2.5) user -- Linux Advocate

Michael B. Trausch
President of Linux Operations, ADK Computers       http://adk.hypermart.net/
PGP Public Key is available at hkp:[EMAIL PROTECTED], or at:
   http://wcnet.org/~mtrausch/pubkey.txt, or finger:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ADK Computers, Walbridge Office                  E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Customer: I'm running Windows '98 Tech: Yes. Customer:  My computer isn't
working now.  Tech:  Yes, you said that.