On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Arandir wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Gevaerts Frank wrote:
> > On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Shaggy Im-erbtham wrote:
> >
> > > It is not my intention to start a war, but I'd like to have different
> > > opinions how a Slackware installtion is different from a RedHat one.
> >
> > Slackware is easyer to install.
> > I mean, if you install RedHat (at least 5.2, I never tried 6.0), and you
> > want to select individual packages, you get cryptic 8 character names to
> > choose from. If you do the same in Slackware, you get a line explaining
> > what it is.
>
> Weird! Did you try typing "F1" to bring up the information pages? Some packages
> had dozens of information pages explaining the package, why you would need it,
> what files it installed, compile date, etc.

No, I didn't know about that one. Anyway, I' now starting to build
everything I need from the sources (tar.gz, not rpm). Is  that trick (F1)
mentionned on screen ? If so, I must have missed it. (No, I don't read
documentation first ;-)

Frank

> --
> Arandir...
> <http://www.meer.net/~arandir/>

HI! I'm a .signature virus! cp me into your .signature file to help me spread!