> On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Jon wrote:
> > Hello
> > dummy newbie Question
> >
> No.... there is no "dummy" question. :-)
> >
> > I have a Kingston KNE110TX
> > red had 5.2 installed on a p133 with 32mges Ram
> > Download tulip.c   from
> > http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/tulip.html
> >
> > now I want to compile it   so I run the compile-command at the bottom of
> > the tulip.c source file
> >
> Were there any instructions on how to compile it? You
> really shouldn't have to compile that. According to the web
> page (above), it's already built into the kernel.

To compile any kernel options you need to do 'make config dep clean zImage'
in "/usr/src/linux" and then follow the steps in /usr/src/linux/README .

BUT;

The module tulip.c is included in most distribution installs, check
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/net
Where 'uname -r' is the result of 'cat /proc/version'

--
Regards Richard.