* William Carty ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [990726 20:34]:
> I've got an old Connectix Quick Cam, B/W that I used to run under
> Windows.  Any ideas on how to get it to work under Linux...  where to
> get drivers, etc.?   I'm sure this is a simple thing to do, but I just
> can't seem to make it work.
>
> Thanks,
> Will

The more recent kernels (2.2+) come with a driver for the quickcam.
When you do you make xconfig (or whichever), select QuickCam(B+W)
under the Video4Linux category, and compile it into the kernel.

See the kernel docs (/usr/src/linux/docs/video4linux I think) for more
info.

You will obviously also need to compile in parallel port support to
plug it in.

Tom.
--
    .^.     | Tom Gilbert, England | [EMAIL PROTECTED] |