Shane,

Well, after going through the "trouble" of downloading the code for
the driver, I found that there is already a compiled module for this
board.  The DFE530TX board uses the via rhine chipset.

You should find in the /lib/modules/(kernel version)/net directory a
file called via-rhine.o.  If so, just add "alias via-rhine eth0" to your
/etc/conf.modules file, and set up ip's, routes, etc as usual.  (BTW,
I am using RH5.2 on that box, but it should be similar.)

Best Regards,

On 26 Jul 99, at 22:44, John Aldrich wrote:

> Hmm...what chipset is that? Take a look at the card itself... should be a
> big chip about in the middle of it..... Find out what chip mfr and chip
> number and you should be in business. I'm going to hazard a guess that
> it's a DEC tulip-based card, so you'd use the appropriate drivers. JOOC,
> do you have a Windows system you could drop it into temporarily to find
> out who makes it? ;-)
>         John

---
(Random Quote)
Assembler Command: JRL: Jump to Random Location