I have an NT box wired to a Linux box.  the net appears to be working
fine.

I can ping one from the other and telnet IN to the Linux box from my NT
box. I cannot telnet to NT from Linux but this is something I need to
fix on the NT side.

With FTP, I couldn't get a connection at first. I noticed from
linuxconf that it was trying to connect to /home/ftp so I made a
directory called /home/ftp and thought I would be fine.  Not enough. I
used chgrp and made the ftp directory owned by the ftp group and set
ftp to the owner. Still not enough.

Now my message is 'connected to ..Linux box..' then   a few seconds
later it says "connection refused by remote host".   Do any of you have
any ideas?