Hi !

        Some time ago I downloaded SO 5.1 and tried to unpack it, after this
didn't work i guessed it got broken while resuming the download. So i went
through downloading again, and this time i did it directly under Linux. The
result is the same. The strange thing is, that the KDE program arc says it
is an unknown tar-archive. So I used the prompt to do it by hand with tar.
tar then starts and does basically nothing, no unpacking, no error message,
no activity at all. I redirected the output to a file (as it was multiple
times explained on this list here) and after waiting about ten minutes i
cancled tar. Neither on the screen nor in the file was anything that could
give me a hint of what it would be.

        The idea to ask StarDivision directly would be calling them, basically no
problem, but StarDivison charges about 3$ / min for calling the customer
support here in germany, so i just try it here before i am broke. I then
rather would buy it in the fancy box.....

        Does anyone has downloaded and installed SO 5.1 (german version) ? Would
it be a good idea to try out a different ftp server ?

        I got it from the sunsite of the RWTH Aachen in germany.

        My system is a genuine RedHat 5.2
        kernel 2.0.36
        x running, with KDE

                Thanx for any help or hint.