George,

-Short Answer-:
Yes Delete them.

-Long Answer-:
Sure I always do, make sure you have them properly
installed and that they work before you delete them though.

If you want to reinstall them (say you deleted a program)
or install them on a freinds machine, it would be a
good to keep them, if not, free up some disk space.

On a side note, if you build programs from source, it
is a good idea to keep the source around so you can
uninstall it clean, do a "make uninstall" in the
source directory of the original program and it will
(should) cleanly uninstall it for you.  For rpm you don't
need the RPM files to uninstall cleanly.  If I can recall
correctly it is the "rpm -e program" e for uninstall?

Jack